Study Programmes for young people
We are funded through the Education Funding Agency to offer provision for those aged 16 to 19, and those who are aged 19 to 24 and have an Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP). There are a variety of programmes available which include study at Westgate College and work placements.
We are offering a number of study programme options in the following areas:
Business and Administration
• Business and Administration
• Customer Service
Health, Public Services and Care
• Children and Young Peoples Workforce
• Health and Social Care
Retail and Commercial Enterprise
• Beauty Therapy
A study programme is made up of 4 key components providing each learner with their own individualised timetable.
What we will offer...
• Pastoral support that will support next steps into employment readiness or further study
• Support and secure opportunities for Work placement to aid success of employment and future development
• Well-structured timetable plus 1-2 day work experience
• Guaranteed progression interview at the end of your POS
• Opportunity to develop and gain essential work skills to include English and maths
• Smaller class sizes to provide extra support where needed
• Well planned teaching, learning and assessment
To find out more contact Westgate College on 0191 2773604.
Search for schools and college to compare
There is a link to the school and college performance tables here (external link)
You can read our Behaviour Policy here (pdf 164.88KB)