Newcastle City Learning's Mission Statement
To help people learn and achieve in a friendly and supportive environment.
To be the first choice for adult learning in the city and to provide high quality, niche opportunities for young people at college or in apprenticeships
1. Striving for excellence;
2. Learning, assessment and teaching are our primary focus in all we do;
3. Enabling people to realise their potential;
4. Working cooperatively;
5. Challenging inequality.
Our commitment to you - the Newcastle Learners' Charter
These are the standards that you can expect from us and our partners:
- We will make sure that you have the information that you need to make a decision about which programme is right for you.
- We will deal with your enrolment quickly and fairly.
- We will do everything we can to make sure that you enjoy your programme and that you succeed.
- If you wish to change or leave your programme, we will help you with your next step.
- When you finish your programme, we will make sure that you have everything that you need for your next step.
- We will respond to your suggestions or complaints quickly and fairly.
If you feel that we are not doing what we promised, then let us know.
Your commitment – what we expect from our learners
Learners are expected to:
- Make sure you understand and follow our rules and policies, including our Equality Policy.
- Make sure you understand and follow our health and safety rules and procedures.
- Always act with care, both for yourself and for other people.
- Treat other people's property and the centre's property with respect.
- Try to go to all the sessions and be on time. If you can't attend, please let the centre know.
- Try to do all the course work to the best of your ability and keep to any deadlines you're given.
- Support our efforts to keep the centre clean and tidy.
- Use the computers, internet and email responsibly. Don't tamper with software or equipment. Don't download or forward any abusive material which may offend other people.
- If you move house or change your emergency contact numbers, please let the centre know.
- Follow the no smoking, food or drink signs in certain areas.
- If you do not follow these rules, or are disruptive or abusive, we will take reasonable action. This can include you being barred from the course or, in more serious cases, further measures being taken.