The Newcastle City Learning Code
Newcastle City Learning has a code that we expect all staff and learners to follow as part of our commitment to each other. We are proud of our learning centres. We believe that everyone should be treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will not tolerate any form of discrimination, bullying or harassment.
It is against the law to discriminate against anyone because of:
• being or becoming a transsexual person
• being married or in a civil partnership
• being pregnant or on maternity leave
• race, including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin
• religion, belief or lack of religion/belief
• sexual orientation
These are called ‘protected characteristics’.
You are legally protected from discrimination by the Equality Act 2010.
If you feel you have suffered from discrimination or have experienced bullying or harassment you can contact your tutor or a manager for help and support.
Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Policy
We are committed to safeguarding vulnerable adults and promoting the welfare of learners. We expect all staff to share this commitment. We want to provide a safe learning environment.
Staff, learners and volunteers are responsible for:
- Respecting others people's rights to safety.
- Not hurting or abusing others.
- Not threatening to hurt or abuse others.
All Further Education providers have a duty to safeguard their students: Prevent is about safeguarding students to keep them safe from being exploited by extremists. The Prevent Duty is not about discouraging students from having political and religious views and concerns but rather it is about supporting them to use those concerns or act on them in non-extremist ways. Newcastle City Learning is committed to safeguarding our students and protecting them from harm at all times.
Reporting incidents of hate crime
If you believe you have experienced a racist, religious, homophobic or transphobic incident, even if you have no proof, report it to ARCH. ARCH is working to stop hate crime in Newcastle by bringing together different organisations to get the right help for victims, and to take action against the attackers.
Phone free on 0800 032 3288 to report an incident 24 hours a day. You can report something that has happened to you, someone else or about something you have seen. Find out more about ARCH.
E and Qualities Board
NCL has an E & Qualities board which meets bi-monthly and addresses equality issues within the organisation. It includes
• agreement and review of overall performance expectations and identification of gaps both across the service as a whole and by each aspect of our provision
• key plan and goals for further embedding equality and diversity into our curriculum and wider practice
• review and monitoring of Safeguarding (including PREVENT) policy, procedure, action plan and practices
• MATRIX oversight
• Customer Service Excellence oversight
How well are we doing?
Newcastle City Learning holds the Matrix award standard and the Customer Service Excellence award.
• 99.4% of learners in 2017/18 were satisfied with their tutors’ knowledge of the subject
• 98.6% of learners thought the tutor made the subject area interesting/enjoyable
• 99.3% of learners felt that everyone was treated equally and with respect
(figures correct as of 25 July 2018)
Service-wide Equalities targets
- Continue to embed British Values in teaching and learning
- Promote the Prevent agenda in T&L
- Improve achievement for 16-18 (EFA/SFA) to national average
- Improve male participation to 40% and achievement to 85%
- Improve achievement rates for learners with dyslexia by 10%
- Improve retention rates for learners with dyslexia by 4%
- Improve achievement rates for learners with dyscalculia by 6%
- Improve achievement rates for learners with Autism by 12%
- Improve achievement rates for learners with multiple learning difficulties by 11%
- Transgender- improve accuracy in collecting data
- Maintain BAME participation at 22%
- Improve achievement rates for Bangladeshi learners by 3%
- Improve achievement rates for African learners by 3%
- Improve recording and collating of data on exact nature of LLDD problems
- Continue to deliver the Westgate market to ensure all ls participate in developing enterprise skills