Newcastle City Learning Citywide


nvqs 590x270

Already in employment and want to gain a qualification? You can do this through a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ).

What is an NVQ?

NVQs are work based qualifications. You can learn at work whilst also getting recognition for the skills you develop and demonstrate in your day to day job. You will need to be in a suitable role in order to start and NVQ, for example working in an administration role to start an NVQ in Business Administration.

What NVQ qualifications do we offer?

Newcastle City Learning currently offer NVQs in the following areas:

  • Business & Administration - Level 2, 3 and 4;
  • Customer Service - Level 2 and 3;
  • Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools - Level 2 and 3
  • Team Leading - Level 2;
  • Advice & Guidance - Level 2 ,3 and 4; and
  • Management - Level 3, 5 and 7.

What are the fees for an NVQ?

Contact the Employment and Skills Team on 0191 277 3506 to discuss your requirements

Want to know more?

For further information please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or phone the Employment and Skills Team on 0191 277 3506.

Find a course today!

New brochure out now!

Christmas 18 coverOur new brochure for Jan-Mar 2018 is out now. Download it here (pdf, 6.06MB) and enrol now!

Get your Learner Handbook now

75Our new Learner Handbook has arrived! Packed with useful information and details of the support that is available, we hope it will help you make the most of your learning experience with us in the new academic year 2017 - 18. Copies are available at our receptions, and will be given out at enrolment and you can download it here too (pdf, 5.07MB)

Advanced Learner Loans

learner HE

There have been changes to how education courses are funded for learners over 19 years old. Level 3 and above courses will no longer be funded by the Government (unless you are aged 19-23 years old and it is your first full Level 3 qualification) but you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to cover your course fees.

If this loan is to fund an Access to HE Diploma leading to a completed degree, your Advanced Learner Loan will be written off so you don't have to pay it back.

It doesn't matter about your household income or even credit checks to qualify for a loan, and you don't have to pay anything back until you are earning over £21,000 a year.

Loans are available for people living in the UK on the first day of their course and have lived in this country, the Channel Islands of the Isle of Man for three years immediately before this.

Talk to our centre reception staff to get more details and your course offer letter which will have the information you will need to complete your loan application.

Find out more about Advanced Learner Loans.

Was this page useful?

security image