Skills for work
Are you out of work?
Do you want to change your career?
Not sure what types of jobs are available?
Then come to talk to us at Newcastle City Learning.
We aim to help you get that fabulous new job and when you do well on the course we will actively promote you to prospective employers. Our expert team will help you to put together an intensive programme which may include:
- English, Maths and IT skills suitable for your chosen pathway
- Qualifications and skills which are appropriate for your chosen career.
- Developing the skills you need for the workplace such as team working, problem solving and more.
- Help you to apply more effectively for jobs and to develop your skills at interview.
- Additional courses to make you more attractive to prospective employers. These may be qualifications in skills such as first aid, food hygiene, moving and handling and more.
Career skills development is available in areas such as:
- Beauty and Holistic Therapy
- Business Administration
- Customer Service
- Further Education Teaching
- Management and Team Leading
- Teaching Assistance
Where appropriate we are able to link you with an employer and may be able to help you to get some work experience in your chosen field. In return we will expect you to work hard to develop your skills, to seriously look for work and to treat your course as though you are at work. For more information and advice please contact us on 0191 277 3520