Apprenticeships for employers
What is an apprentice?
An apprentice is an employee who receives on-the-job training and learning to develop a specific skill. The apprentice works towards a nationally recognised qualification such as a National Vocational Qualification (NVQ), a technical certificate and if required, mathematics, English and ICT. As an employer, you can use apprenticeships to train both existing and new employees.
At Newcastle City Learning we offer Apprenticeships at Intermediate, Advanced and Higher levels, across a wide range of specialist areas.
Benefits for your business
Apprenticeships are a proven way to improve your workforce and can make your organisation more effective and competitive. You can train and develop your member of staff, reducing skills shortages even in the current economic climate. Apprenticeships can help you to develop the specialist skills you need to keep pace with the latest technology and working practices in your sector. Apprentices tend to be loyal, motivated and flexible within the company that invested in them.
- 80% of those employers who employ apprentices agree they make their workplace more productive.
- 81% of consumers favour using a company which takes on apprentices.
- Employers who take on a 16-18 year old apprentice only pay their salary; the Government will fund their training.
- Over 100,000 employers offer Apprenticeship places in over 190 job roles across a wide range of sectors.
- 88% of employers who employ apprentices believe that apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce.
- 83% of employers who employ apprentices rely on their apprenticeships programme to provide the skilled workers that they need for the future.
- 1 in 5 employers are hiring more apprentices to help them through the tough economic climate.
Why choose Newcastle City Learning?
Many local businesses have benefited from working with the apprenticeship recruitment and training services of Newcastle City Learning.
Our no cost services offer the following benefits:
- We offer free advertising and manage the recruitment process for you.
- We tailor our recruitment to suit your business needs.
- We do not bombard you with irrelevant or unsuitable CVs/applications for the positions.
- All our candidates are pre-assessed to ensure they are job ready for positions so they can make an immediate contribution.
- We can assist with the interviews if required, as we have a lot of experience of working with young people.
- The process is swift and we match the apprentice to the roles you need to fill.
Dan is our Employment & Skills Coordinator and is an expert in the Further Education sector. Having worked in Further Education for 14 years there’s nothing much Dan doesn’t know! He has extensive experience and knowledge of working cross-sector; public, private, voluntary and working within the community.
In his role as Employment & Skills Coordinator at Newcastle City Learning, Dan engages with employers and learners across the region on a daily basis, supporting and guiding in-work training opportunities like apprenticeships, study programmes and NVQs.
If you’re considering offering an apprenticeship or are looking to enrol, give Dan a call on 0191 2773506.
Elaine is our Employment & Skills Coordinator and has worked in Further Education for 16 years; she’s a specialist and knows all there is to know about the Further Education sector! Elaine has worked with sole traders, SME’s and voluntary sector employers ensuring a smooth apprentice recruitment experience.
As part of the team at Newcastle City Learning, Elaine works with both employers and learners to create, recruit and match the perfect apprenticeship opportunities.
If you’re considering offering an apprenticeship or are looking to enrol, give Elaine a call on 0191 2773506.
Which Apprenticeships are on offier?
Newcastle City Learning can train apprentices and your current staff in the following areas:
We are regularly developing our curriculum and may offer other Apprenticeships soon. If we do not currently offer an Apprenticeship in an area you want to recruit in do get in touch as we may be able to offer it.
Financial Support - Apprenticeship Plus
If your business is based in Newcastle and you need support with recruiting an apprentice, we may be able to help you. Apprenticeship Plus can offer a range of support for your business such as help with advertising, recruitment, training and salary subsidy. More information on Apprenticeship Plus.