Newcastle City Learning Citywide
speak or translate me

Employers

NCL ezine HEADERAre you ready for the Apprenticeship Levy?

What is it?

The Apprenticeship Levy affects employers in all sectors.

The levy will only be paid on annual paybills in excess of £3 million, and so less than 2% of UK employers will pay it.

The levy will be charged at a rate of 0.5% of an employer’s paybill. Each employer will receive an allowance of £15,000 to offset against their levy payment. It was introduced in April 2017.

To access your levy pot you will need to sign up for a digital apprenticeship account. Once added, you can pay your training provider via the account for any apprenticeship training.

Non-Levy Payers

If your paybill is under £3 million then you do not pay the Apprenticeship Levy.

You will instead need to contribute 10% towards the cost of the required training, the other 90% will be paid by the Government.

To find out how these changes may affect your business, give our consultants, Elaine or Dan a call on 0191 2773506 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to arrange a FREE consultation session either over the phone or face to face.

Are you an employer looking to recruit an Apprentice?

Newcastle City Learning can support businesses with information, bespoke recruitment and Apprenticeship training. We may also be able to support you financially. We pride ourselves on the quality of training and service we offer our clients, recognising what is important to you as our customer.

Find out more about apprenticeships.

You can also test your Apprenticeship knowledge by taking this short quiz.

English and maths

Functional Skills are the skills you require for everyday life in English and maths. Qualifications are free and available at a variety of levels.

What's on offer for employers:

  • Refresh your employee's skills.
  • National qualifications at various levels (Entry Level 1 – Level 2 equivalent to grade A-C at GCSE).
  • Courses tailored to suit your business needs.
  • Staff training in the work place to minimise disruption to the working day.

For more information, or to book an appointment, please contact us.

NVQs

Your staff could gain recognised qualifications through National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs). These are work based qualifications where employees will continue to learn whilst achieving recognition for skills they demonstrate day to day.

Find out more about NVQs.

New Venture Supported Internships

Providing an opportunity to an individual with a learning difficulty and disability can benefit your business as well as helping the young person.

Read more about supported internships and their benefits to employers.

Find a course today!

Your Learner Handbook

Learner handbook coverOur new learner handbook is now available here (pdf 1.81MB). Packed full of useful information about the service, we hope you will find it helpful. We'll cover a lot of the topics during our new induction process too, and you will be given a copy of the handbook to take away with you at the start of your course.

Enrol from Monday 2nd July [...]

shutterstock 15258847Enrol from Monday 2nd July for Autumn Term!

We are pleased to announce that our new brochure is available for courses running from Autumn 2018. You can enrol from Monday 2nd July 2018. For many of the courses you can enrol online, or we will be happy to take your call or see you in centres. You can download the brochure here (pdf, 5.98MB)

Advanced Learner Loans

learner HE

There have been changes to how education courses are funded for learners over 19 years old. Level 3 and above courses will no longer be funded by the Government (unless you are aged 19-23 years old and it is your first full Level 3 qualification) but you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to cover your course fees.

If this loan is to fund an Access to HE Diploma leading to a completed degree, your Advanced Learner Loan will be written off so you don't have to pay it back.

It doesn't matter about your household income or even credit checks to qualify for a loan, and you don't have to pay anything back until you are earning over £21,000 a year.

Loans are available for people living in the UK on the first day of their course and have lived in this country, the Channel Islands of the Isle of Man for three years immediately before this.

Talk to our centre reception staff to get more details and your course offer letter which will have the information you will need to complete your loan application.

Find out more about Advanced Learner Loans.

Was this page useful?

security image